Mindfulness For Life Practice Course - 5 Week Course at All Things Pilates, Kingston Upon Thames KT1 2SL Our Next Full Course Dates: 5 Week Course: Sunday 4th November - Sunday 2nd December (18:00 - 20:00) Full Practice Day: Sunday 25th November (10:00 - 15:30) Please Contact Us for more details.
Mindfulness For Life Previous Course Feedback
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- An evidence based approach to managing stress, improving problem solving and boosting concentration taught in a non-religous format.
- Recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence in the prevention of depression.
- Incorporates varying techniques such as meditation, gentle yoga and mind-body exercises.
What is the Mindfulness For Life Course?
- Mindfulness is a practice that helps you learn to calm your mind and body in order to help you cope with illness, pain and stress.
- The Mindfulness For Life course teaches "mindfulness," which is a focus only on things happening in the present moment. Mindfulness is not a time to "zone out" or "space out" but is rather a time to purposefully pay attention and be aware of your current surroundings, your emotions, your thoughts and how your body feels. When you are mindful, you do just one thing and you pay close attention to that one thing.
- A key aspect of mindfulness is to not judge the present moment. This is because judgements may lead you to dwell on (or "get stuck" thinking about) bad situations, feelings or thoughts. Dwelling on the past does not help you accept or solve problems, it just brings you down.
How can it help?
By training your mind to focus only on the present, you learn not to get lost in regrets from the past or worries about the future. Letting go of such thoughts may help you worry less and accept things as they are. Mindfulness teaches you to be in control of your mind so that your mind doesn't control you.
- Teacher: Cynthia Bonnell
- The course will run weekly on Sunday evenings from 18:00 - 20:00
- It will be held over a five week period from Sunday 4th November - 2nd December
- There will be a full practice day on Sunday 25th November from 10:00 - 15:30 where you will have the opportunity over a full day to put into practice what you have learnt under the guidance of Cynthia.