MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) - 8 Week Course at All Things Pilates, Kingston Upon Thames KT1 2SL Our Next Full Course Dates: Taster Session: TBC 8 Week Course: TBC Practice Day: TBC Please Contact Us for more details.
- Our 8 week MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) incorporates techniques such as meditation, gentle yoga and mind-body exercises to help you cope with stress.
- It is designed to give you a greater clarity on what is happening in your life, improving problem solving and boosting concentration.
- The course is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) technique developed in Massachusetts by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- It has been recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence to help prevent relapse into depression.
- It is taught in a non-religious format and does not require belief in any spiritual tradition.
- Please scroll down for in-depth detail of the course content
About the course:
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- An evidence based approach to managing stress, improving problem solving and boosting concentration taught in a non-religous format.
- Recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence in the prevention of depression.
- Incorporates varying techniques such as meditation, gentle yoga and mind-body exercises.
What is Mindfulness or Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)?
- MBSR is a program that helps you learn to calm your mind and body in order to help you cope with illness, pain and stress.
- MBSR teaches “mindfulness,” which is a focus only on things happening in the present moment. Mindfulness is not a time to “zone out” or “space out” but is rather a time to purposefully pay attention and be aware of your current surroundings, your emotions, your thoughts and how your body feels. When you are mindful, you do just one thing and you pay close attention to that one thing.
- A key aspect of mindfulness is to not judge the present moment. This is because judgements may lead you to dwell on (or “get stuck” thinking about) bad situations, feelings or thoughts. Dwelling on the past does not help you accept or solve problems, it just brings you down.
How can it help?
By training your mind to focus only on the present, you learn not to get lost in regrets from the past or worries about the future. Letting go of such thoughts may help you worry less and accept things as they are. Mindfulness teaches you to be in control of your mind so that your mind doesn’t control you.
- Taster Session
- Monday 8th May 19:30 – 20:30.
- Introduction into Mindfulness and what to expect over the 8 week course.
- 8 Week Course
- 15th May – 3rd July.
- Monday evenings 19:30 – 21:30.
- Please note the session in the third week, due to the bank holiday, will be held on the Wednesday 31st May 19:30 – 21:30.
- Practice day Sunday 25th June 10:00 – 16:00.
- Full Course: £250
- Guarantee your space for the whole programme.
- Includes introduction / 8 weekly sessions / practice day.
- Taster: £30
- Option of purchasing full 8 week course, subject to availability, for £220 after completing the introductory session.