- Mindfulness For Life Bitesize Session
Sunday 6th October 18:00-19:30
- Mindfulness For Life Full Course: Taster Session
Sunday 13th October 18:00-19:30
- Mindfulness For Life Full Course: Five Week Course
Every Sunday for five weeks from Sunday 27th October 18:00-20:00
This workshop will highlight ways to find the time and space to do do what's most important- identifying sources of energy to help work consistently on our key goals.
Perfect for those feeling constantly busy and wanting to gain more control of their day.
Full Course: Taster Session
A session aimed to both provide an introduction to the Mindfulness For Life Course for those going on to do the five week programme as well as a great taster session for those looking for an introduction to Mindfulness.
Five Week Course
Mindfulness is a tool which has been proven to improve focus, sleep and performance. It assists people to enjoy life moment to moment.
Over five weeks we will work with you to find simple ways of bringing mindfulness into your everyday.
Cynthia Bonnell, the course teacher, has been practising mindfulness for over 35 years and has successfully led many courses over this time. Our five week Mindfulness For Life Course incorporates techniques such as meditation, gentle yoga and mind-body exercises to help you cope with stress. It is designed to give you a greater clarity on what is happening in your life, improving problem solving and boosting concentration.
Mindfulness been recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence to help prevent relapses into depression.
Due to feedback from our previous eight week course we have shortened the number of weeks the programme will run for to five to enable clients to attend weekly for the duration. Despite the shortened format all the key aspects of previous course will be covered within the Mindfulness For Life Course. It is taught in a non-religious format and does not require belief in any spiritual tradition.
Mindfulness For Life Previous Course Feedback
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- An evidence based approach to managing stress, improving problem solving and boosting concentration taught in a non-religous format.
- Recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence in the prevention of depression.
- Incorporates varying techniques such as meditation, gentle yoga and mind-body exercises.
What is the Mindfulness For Life Course?
- Mindfulness is a practice that helps you learn to calm your mind and body in order to help you cope with illness, pain and stress.
- The Mindfulness For Life course teaches "mindfulness," which is a focus only on things happening in the present moment. Mindfulness is not a time to "zone out" or "space out" but is rather a time to purposefully pay attention and be aware of your current surroundings, your emotions, your thoughts and how your body feels. When you are mindful, you do just one thing and you pay close attention to that one thing.
- A key aspect of mindfulness is to not judge the present moment. This is because judgements may lead you to dwell on (or "get stuck" thinking about) bad situations, feelings or thoughts. Dwelling on the past does not help you accept or solve problems, it just brings you down.
How can it help?
By training your mind to focus only on the present, you learn not to get lost in regrets from the past or worries about the future. Letting go of such thoughts may help you worry less and accept things as they are. Mindfulness teaches you to be in control of your mind so that your mind doesn't control you.
- Teacher: Cynthia Bonnell
- The course will run weekly on Sunday evenings from 18:00 - 20:00
- It will be held over a five week period from Sunday 27th October
- There will be a full practice day on Sunday 17th November from 10:00 - 15:30 where you will have the opportunity over a full day to put into practice what you have learnt under the guidance of Cynthia.