In our full day course Diane Nye will discuss the following topics followed by an
afternoon devoted to the practical application of the topics discussed:
- Physiological changes to the body as we age
- Common conditions affecting older people
- What is Osteoporosis? How can we keep our bones strong and healthy
- Symptoms, Risk factors, Treatment
- Contraindications for Osteoporosis – why we should not flex the spine!
- Exercises to improve bone health
Who Is The Workshop Designed For?
The workshop has been designed for those wishing to:
- Broaden their understanding of osteoporosis and how to work safely and efffectively with these clients.
- Gain confidence in designing enjoyable and effective pilates classes for seniors and those with osteoporosis.
- Feel empowered to help their older clients go from strength to strength with their Pilates practice whilst building resilience for what adventures life offers them.
- Date: Sunday 29th April
- Time: 09:30 - 16:30
- Investment: £149
- Within the All Things Pilates App under worshops.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 0208 549 2892
Diane completed her first Studio Pilates Course with Polestar Pilates in 2003. Soon after, Diane set up a mixed equipment studio at her home in Caterham, Surrey, where she has been busy teaching since. She has mentored for the Polestar Studio series in London since 2005, helping many students to reach the standard for exam certification. In 2009 Diane was appointed as a Polestar Educator. Diane travels the UK and Ireland teaching the Polestar comprehensive (studio and rehabilitation) course, the Polestar Principles course, and other workshops to support the programs. Diane is also a Franklin Method level 1 teacher and brings these skills to her teaching of movement.