Clinical Pilates Instructor
Are you passionate about Pilates and the difference that effective and enjoyable training can make to individuals and the wider community? Do you get excited by the scientific reasoning behind Pilates training and exercise rehabilitation principles. Do you apply these principles in a way that is meaningful to each client? If so then we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate
– You are active in gathering feedback from people in a way that helps to continually elevate the service that you provide.- You see the real value in creating a world class customer experience for those that you teach.
– You appreciate that goals are important and that knowing your own values and the values of each client can be powerful tools in realising true goals.
– You enjoy building relationships and can recognise and prioritise what is important for you and the community around you.
– You are energised by projects that have a lasting influence both to a local and wider community.
Who we are
All Things Pilates set out to help keep people fit to do the things in life that light them up. Today we do this through offering effective and engaging training programs utilising the Pilates repertoire of exercises and training principles from evidence-based science in exercise medicine and behavioural sciences. We are more than a team that teaches Pilates, we are a team that is continually learning and growing our practice through collaboration with fellow team members, clients and local community.
We believe in learning through personal practice and reflection as well as growing through giving and receiving feedback from our most valued connections. We leave space in our lives for the things in life that light us up and we believe in celebrating our team and the unique talents and character that they bring.
You will find our bright and spacious studio in Kingston Upon Thames nestled behind the world renowned Kingston School of Art. Our physio clinic has locations in Wimbledon, Kingston and Surbiton where the All Things Physio Team delivers the high standard of physiotherapy care that we pride ourselves on.
A typical day of work at the studio
– Welcoming and building rapport with each visitor to the studio including clients, students, guests and other members of the team.
– Assisting clients and students in finding and adhering to training programs that helps them work towards their goals.
– Delivering 1:1s or group sessions (in the studio and online) that meet the needs of the individuals present (up to 4 clients in equipment classes and 8 clients in mat classes).
– Making a note of class programs and the clients’ challenges and successes to share with team members.
– Linking with other team members to ensure that the administrative side of a client’s experience is as smooth and comfortable as possible.
– Sharing space and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to deliver a world class experience for each person visiting the studio.
– Taking an interest in and exploring relationships in the community that could help to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
– Taking time out for personal reflection or movement practice.
A bit more about the studio
We are a fully equipped Pilates studio which runs classes including, studio, reformer and mat; alongside a large number of 1:1s. We have a team of highly motivated teachers with the ability to bring fun and enjoyment to effective training programs. We run regular in house training opportunities as well as providing access to online CPD subscriptions.
A bit more about the job
We have an engaging community in Kingston and the surrounding areas and we are looking for someone to join our team who can work collaboratively at the studio as well as with local organisations.
With our sister company All Things Physio based in the local area (Wimbledon, Kingston and Surbiton) there may also be opportunities to work within the clinic alongside the role within the Pilates studio depending on skills and experience. Both services work closely together with patients, ranging from high level athletes to elderly clients keen to maintain good bone health, where thorough assessments are completed to guide the Physiotherapy management and Pilates sessions.
Our studio is open six days a week and includes early morning starts and evening work.
All applicants must be able to work during our opening hours however the weekly shifts will remain consistent once agreed in conjunction with the successful candidate.
The hours for this post are likely to be: (Subject to discussion)
Monday 09.00 – 14.00; Tuesday – Thursday 09.00[HL1] – 17.00 / 08.00 – 16.00; Friday 07.30 – 12.00 and 14.00 – 18.00.
Address: All Things Pilates, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2SL.
Contract: Self-employed contractor
Pay: Highly competitive depending on skill and experience.
– Relevant qualification (Equipment Pilates / Physiotherapy / Osteopathy / Sports Rehabilitation Therapist degree or qualification)
– Relevant experience in teaching classes and 1:1s (minimum 1 year)
– Relevant experience delivering clinical or rehabilitation focused Pilates
– Holistic approach to managing patients / clients
– Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
– Ability to maintain and build caseload
– Passion to continually develop professionally
– DBS certificate
– Geographically close to the studio
– 2 years’ experience in Pilates / MSK practice
– Private clinical experience (if a MSK practitioner)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent