Find Your Flow® with The Push Up
Every Monday from 9 August to 13 September, we will be working on a Push Up Program aimed at improving flow/ease with this movement.
You can Sign Up to this program today by clicking HERE.
- To improve shoulder mobility, stability and strength.
- To improve core stability and posture.
- To mobilise and improve stability around the foot and ankle
- To mobilise the front hip to allow optimal alignment
- Weightbearing exercises like the Push Up are important to keep both bones and muscles strong.
- Great for sports or activities that involve a lot of shoulder stability in weightbearing such as gardening, surfing, dance, crossfit and so many more.
Email Admin@allthingspilates.co.uk to let us know your Whys.
Common Restraining Forces In Our Body:
- Tightness in the wrists, elbows or shoulders.
- Tightness in the hip, knee or ankle.
- Limited experience or practice.
We will use cushions or several blocks to find our optimal set up to complete the repetitions.
Once you have confidence with the form through your full range to the floor, you can progress to feet on a raised surface.
(How will you record the movement? Choose one frame to work on)
How many cushions/books are you using?
How high is your step?
How many good quality repetitions can you do on your last set?
(What’s most important about this movement?)
Keeping a long line from your heels/knees to the tops of your head.
Finding Your Flow
Sign up to the class and clear your diary every Friday from 7am to 8am. What’s your playlist to get you in the zone? Let us know my emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of wrist and shoulder mobility. Core awakening.
You will have the opportunity to practice 5 sets each week with active recovery in between each set.
Closing it : shoulder release.